16 December 2020

Merry Christmas 2020

Looks  like my blogging is getting to be a yearly event but hope all is well this holiday season. We have much to be thankful for regardless of living in these trying times. 
Dave is healthy and well. He suffered with a severe kidney infection earlier this year. After having a TURP and with much prayer, he is back to his normal self. 
Beth is happy and at peace now that Dave is better. I finished my  mission with FamilySearch.org after serving for four years. I still enjoy helping others with their family history. 
Angie and Edward are moved in and settling into their new home that Dave contracted for them here in Leland. We love having their family close. Their children: Edward "Scoot" is 7 &  Locke is 4.
Jake and Lauren are ready and anxious to be new home owners. They've purchased property in the Pinehurst, North Carolina area. We're excited for them. Benjamin, their son is 18 months old.
Jessica is busy and busy. She works at Primary Children's Hospital and also is an adjunct professor at BYU. We're very proud of her and all she does.
Carson and McKenna are happy and married. Covid didn't stop these two love birds. They were married in May and sealed in the Provo City Temple in August. They are attending  Utah Valley University in Orem, Utah.
Here are pictures of some things that happened this year:
We traveled just a little over an hour to see BYU Men's Volleyball Team playing in Mount Olive, North Carolina. What a treat...
 Go Cougs!
Cougar Nation!
Lovely Jessica...miss her in Utah
Lauren and Benjamin
Jake and Benjamin
Happy St Patrick's Day from Scoot & Locke
Scoot was really into origami this year. This is him with an origami bow tie.
and Locke being silly
When Covid first hit, masks were hard to come by so I made some for the family
Nice to see these boys watching General Conference 
Easter with these Cuties
Everything's ok with a Thomas the Tank Engine mask
Dave...getting things done at Angie and Edward's place
Traveling to Utah through Missouri to get to Carson's Wedding
My brother Mark drove with me and we got to go to DeSoto, Missouri where our McMullin, Butler, Thurman & Farley families lived. Great trip!
Me...suffering with Covid hair. I decided earlier this year I would go gray so it seemed like the right decision with everything else going on. Still haven't gotten new glasses...much needed, lol

Beautiful Wedding!
Utah was restricting gatherings to 25 but all and all, it was an awesome wedding.
Sweet couple
We were glad a few in our family could come and celebrate with us

McKenna's family are Ute fans so, "when in Rome"
on Memorial Day I go to be with my dear friend Janeen and we visited her husband's grave. I always enjoy being with Janeen. She was a good friend with my mom so it's almost like being near my parents. again.

Some of my favorite jokes during these trying times. No matter what side you're on politically, you have to laugh to keep your sanity

this was my favorite
it was great to be with my siblings, almost makes me want to move to Utah...
my nephew, Tommy, also had a wedding. It was great to see him and other extended family
my sister's husband, Hugh, performed the ceremony
and my Sister-in-law, Sally, made the cakes...yum
house is still coming along...not quick enough. Around this time, Dave was really suffering with his health
We managed to make it back to Utah in August for Carson and McKenna's sealing. It was great to have all our kids there...sorry, I didn't get many photos, the temple grounds were beautiful.
My sister Martha was able to come to the sealing but we were very limited on how many we could invite

He's looking better than he felt. It was soon after this that he had surgery. So glad that's over. So hard to be sick during Covid, even if you don't have Covid...
Dear Jess was able to come visit and her friend Caroline came
and Dave's sister Dee Dee and her husband Jason came for their anniversary 
Yes...house is ready
Dear Benjamin is getting bigger
and these boys love the beach. Its one big sandbox...lol
Thanksgiving with the Andersons
and the Lockharts
"better not cry, I'm telling you why..."
that's all folks, 
Merry Christmas everyone.
 I love Jesus Christ...
may we fear not, and have peace and good will toward all:)

 

4 comments:

  1. Love your blog. It was like being there. Glad Dave is getting better. Miss talking and seeing you, heck seeing anyone! Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog! What a wonderful family you have, I know you are so proud of them! We need to get together after this COVID dies down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The comment was made by me btw! Colleen da Camara!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the commentary and pictures! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete