01 March 2021

January & February Happenings

Here it is March 1st and my resolution of blogging monthly has already been broken but here are a few things that I'll report on so far this year...
I got my haircut and the hairdresser said that all my color is about grown out. It has taken over a year to go officially gray.
We celebrated our 38th Wedding Anniversary 29th January
This is a coat of arms my dad had in some of his genealogy. I don't know if this is something official or made up later.
These are two featherweight sewing machines that my mother had. I wish I knew more history about them. She kept good care of them.
I've been sewing with the black one. This is an old project that I started years ago and never finished. I'm so glad its finished now. Finding these machines has given me motivation to do some quilting.
I found an old quilt that is beyond repair so I made this centerpiece to put on the table for St Patrick's Day decor.
I've been wanting to do a photo display of ancestor's for a while. Dave put up these ledges and so this is it. It feels so good to have some pictures on the wall.
Here's cute Benjamin with a new haircut.
Scoot & Locke making a big train track...

Rootstech was totally streamed live this year. Saturday was the church's "Discovery Day" where a general authority speaks and its always real special. This year Elder & Sister Holland spoke of their experiences growing up in Southern Utah...

The best take away was his message of love and how the power of doing family history can strengthen and heal us in a most profound way...

“Now hear me out on this crucial point: I promise you that it is [through] engaging in our personal family history, and the temple experience it leads to, that we discover the reality of our eternal relationship as brothers and sisters in the family of God. 

“That great realization can repair family rifts, if there be any. It can heal bruised hearts, if there be any. And it can unify otherwise strained relationships, if there be any — all in an undeniably powerful way. 

“If we understood this truth, how much better we would treat one another, how we would lift up hands that hang down and strengthen feeble knees. Let’s not just call each other ‘brother’ and ‘sister’ — let’s show one another what it means when we realize we are one big eternal family.”~Jeffrey R Holland

I came away from Rootstech feeling that I need to tell more of what I know in my family history so that the ordinary stories won't be lost. Sometimes I think we think that our stories have to be extraordinary to tell. Even though the extraordinary is important, sometimes it's the small and simple things are okay to record.

1 comment: