14 April 2010

Round, Round, the Roller Coasters



Everyone that knows me knows I can't do roller coasters...I'm talking about those BIG ones. So when my husband's cousin Jeanette asked if we wanted to spend a day with them at Busch Gardens in Williamsburg, I was hesitant. Somehow I had gotten out of taking Angie and Jake to any big roller coaster amusement parks when they were young. Usually they just went with their schoolmates or friends had invited them on their own. I've been feeling a little guilty with Jessica and Carson though because the only amusement park they've been to is Disneyland which isn't really considered a park with the mega roller coasters. So, to Williamsburg we went. Some how I thought that one of my kids would have inherited my genes and their stomachs would feel a little too uneasy, but no chance. They were literally running from roller coaster to roller coaster. It was really a blast to see how much fun they were having. They even caught me at a weak moment and I went on ride with them...never again. What was I thinking???
"We find delight in the beauty and happiness of children that makes the heart too big for the body." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

8 comments:

  1. "My favorite ride will be the ride home", LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How can you not like roller coasters!?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like roller coasters...just not tossing my cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sticking with the zoo this summer. Watching the monkeys will give me enough thrill for the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been pregnant the last few times we've been to the parks so no rides for me. :( So, we're planning on going again this summer for a quick trip and now I'm not so sure I'll be able to handle them anymore. :( Did you really toss your cookies? I'm SO nervous! I LOVE rollercoasters!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How funny Beth....now I know why I never went to Magic Mountain with you! I'm glad you let your kids go and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My voice sounds weird in the videos :///

    ReplyDelete
  8. For the record, I didn't throw up but I felt like I could have :P
    Some of us just have to be content in watching...it was fun enough for me just seeing the kids have so much fun:) Thanks for the comments

    ReplyDelete