11 May 2009

Mom & me

I don't have many pictures of my mom when I was young but someone in the family found this photo and sent it to me which I cherish now. I called my mom yesterday for Mother's Day and I think she's doing as well as can be expected for an 80 year old. She still has her sarcastic wit but is a little melancholy because she can't do all that she would like. She's been debilitated somewhat from diabetes and she goes to the doctor today to see what is going to happen to one of her feet that isn't getting much circulation. Its times like this that makes me wish I lived closer to family and I'm grateful for the family and friends that live close to my folks and do what they can to make their life comfortable in these twilight years. I pray that all will be well with them and I have faith that the Lord does knows their situation and that His will, will be done.

Some favorite mother quotes:

"God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers."

~Jewish Proverb

"A man works from sun to sun but a mother's work is never done."

~Author Unknown

"There is nothing like a mama-hug"

~Adabella Radici

"One good mother is worth a hundred schoolmasters."

~George Hurber

“[Mothers] cherish that role that is so uniquely yours and for which heaven itself sends angels to watch over you and your little ones"

~Jeffrey R. Holland

"There is no role in life more essential and more eternal than that of motherhood."

~M. Russell Ballard

3 comments:

  1. That is such a great picture of you and your mom! What a beautiful little baby you were! My mom is not doing that well either and I'm so grateful to Monica and her family and what they do for her. I only live 3 hours away, but its far enough that I can't just run over there and vacuum or mop or take her lunch etc! I love your mom and her sarcastic wit! She is one of the great ones! Thanks for all the great quotes! Hope you had a nice Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great Picture of the two of you! I think I have a picture of your mom too. I'll send it to you via email if I have it. It's too Cool. It's back in the day when we were graduatijg from Seminary

    ReplyDelete