25 May 2009

Tragedy or Destiny?


Living by Fort Bragg has given me a greater appreciation for those that serve in the military. I have seen a lot of soldiers come and go from our area. I've seen some tragedies where families have had to suffer the loss of loved ones to war but surprisingly enough I've seen a lot more near misses. I've seen where a lot of men and women have been put in harms way but miraculously have come back to their loved ones unscathed. One might ask, how could this be? but I'll never forget the writings of Spencer W. Kimball's "Tragedy or Destiny"

"I am positive in my mind that the Lord has planned our destiny. Sometime we’ll understand fully, and when we see back from the vantage point of the future, we shall be satisfied with many of the happenings of this life that are so difficult for us to comprehend.
We sometimes think we would like to know what lies ahead, but sober thought brings us back to accepting life a day at a time and magnifying and glorifying that day. …"

"God Bless Our Troops,

God Bless America"

2 comments:

  1. I love that quote!Happy Memorial Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an amazing quote! Thanks so much for sharing it! Hope you have a nice day with your family!

    ReplyDelete