14 April 2009

My Easter 2009

Carson at Easter Egg Hunt
Saturday Primary Activity

Lots of Fun!

Primary President Eadie D.
explaining the true meaning of Easter



A Rare Easter Birthday
Davey R. my brother Mark's 3rd child, celebrated his 24th birthday on Easter Sunday. He's the newest married in our family. Pictured here with his wife Yvonne. They live in Fresno and are both busy working and going to school.
Happy Birthday!


Remembering Yesteryear
Martha, Beth & Mark
Easter 1959

I have fond memories of Easter growing up. The Easter Bunny and egg hunts were fun and going to church on Sundays always seemed to have a little more meaning than during the rest of the year, except for Christmastime of course. I never really understood why until I got a little older. The spirit at church just seemed a little more special. I feel it more the older I get, just trying to realize all that the Savior has done for me. It's like the popular hymn says, "Oh it is wonderful that He would care for me enough to die for me. Oh it is wonderful, wonderful to me." and I think this quote by President Monson explains it all.
"The reality of the Resurrection
provides to one and all
the peace that surpasses understanding."
~Thomas S. Monson

3 comments:

  1. It's been a while since I read your post so I'm only going to make one comment for everything. Thanks for sharing, I enjoy your hard work on keeping up your blog and your Primary rocks! We really need to get together! Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Easter too Beth! Thanks for your great blog entry! Mark has good looking boys! I love the picture of you guys when you were little!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for remembering everyone's birthday! It is fun to see pictures of my kids that I don't have.

    ReplyDelete