02 April 2009

My St. Louis Weekend

The Arch of St. Louis. . . truly a beautiful site
Beautiful SLU Campus

Angie by one of the many cathedrals

Grandma Cassie in Missouri 1959

We had a great time visiting St. Louis Missouri. We didn't have time to take in the many sites because our mission was to find an apartment for Angie and attend the nursing school open house in preparation for starting her accelerated program next month. SLU has one of the oldest and successful accelerated nursing programs. Its a rigorous study option where one can come attend nursing school with a BS Degree and certain prerequisites then come away with a Bachelor's in Nursing all in twelve months. Angie is excited and feels up to the challenge. We did find an apartment. She graduates from BYU in a few weeks and then off to St. Louis for this intense venture. Side note: My family on my maternal grandfather's side are from Desoto Missouri, just about 45 minutes south of St. Louis. My grandma and grandpa took a family history trip in 1959 and talked to many cousins in Missouri. I hope to return in the future while Angie is there and visit the land of my great, great grandparents.

3 comments:

  1. I'm excited for Angie.

    Grandma isn't a whole lot older then me in that picture.

    Glad you guys got things squared away. Hope you'll get to go again soon. It all seems so exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so great that Angie is going to take on that vigorous challenge! It says a lot about what kind of young woman she is! I'm sure she will do great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog and Aunt Martha's blogs because of all the little tid bits of family history and pictures. I always feel like I'm getting to know my family better. Sure excited for Angie.

    ReplyDelete