04 September 2009

Perfect Playdough

1 cup flour
1 package Kool-Aid, nonsweetened (used for color and smell)
1/2 cup salt
1 cup water
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 tablespoon cream of tarter


DIRECTIONS: Mix flour, cream of tartar, Kool-Aid and salt together. Mix water and oil together in saucepan over medium heat. Gradually add dry to wet, stirring constantly until dough pulls away from sides of pan. Remove play dough and knead, knead, knead until all ingredients are well integrated and play dough is smooth. Warning: it will be a little hot to touch when you first start to knead. An adult will need to do it for a bit before handing the job off to a child. I like to divide the dough in two and knead it that way. I actually made a double recipe this time so I divided it into four. Once dough is completely cooled, store in plastic bar or air tight container in the refrigerator. If stored correctly, it will last several weeks and be ready for play whenever you need a quick boredom buster! (I don't actually refrigerate it, but you could if you wanted.) .


This is my sister-in-law's sister-in-law's recipe. She's one of my newest friends "Tia Juana" and she has this great recipe website. I can remember making this kind of play dough once and loving it because it smells so good...enjoy!

1 comment: