17 November 2009

Fahrney Teething Syrup

Jessica had her wisdom teeth pulled Thursday. I've heard of kids getting their teeth pulled early and never really understood why but it was because her wisdom teeth were blocking her 12 year old molars from coming through. Anyway, lots of pain and anguish but she's getting better and started back to school today. As I saw her sad and swollen face, I thought of the old Fahrney Bottles that I had collected from years back. My husband's mother's maiden name is Fahrney and earlier in our marriage, I started collecting old "Fahrney Medicine Bottles." Some of the medicine was for teething. Maybe Jessica inherited her teeth issues from the Fahrney side and that's why the Fahrneys needed toothache syrup. Thank goodness for modern medicine and oral surgery.

"Some tortures are physical

And some are mental,

But the one that is both

Is dental."

~Ogden Nash

1 comment:

  1. How funny! Wisdom teeth removal is no fun! I remember when you got yours out! Your face turned green! Remember that!

    ReplyDelete