09 November 2009

Sunset Years

Coach & Mom
A few weeks ago, my mom went on hospice. Her health issues have gotten progressively worse, so the four kids got together to be with my parents. I think it was good for mom to see us all together again. It has been hard to see my parents age. My sister has taken on a majority of the leadership in caring for them. A few years ago, Teresa came into our lives and has been a blessing, taking care of my parents on a constant basis. As I've prayed for peace in my parents lives, I've felt impressions of teaching moments that I received through my life at the hand of my mom and I've been telling my mom about them. As sick and weak as she feels, its been a blessing to have her somewhat alert to hear, communicate and respond. I forever pray for peace and comfort of the Holy Spirit in their lives. I know Heavenly Father is aware of them and that
"His (God's) Will Be Done."
Coach, Me & Mom
Mark, Martha, Beth, Adam
Coach, Mom

The Kids Again
Jake, Martha, Kathy, Adam, Emma, Jolinda, Mark

Coach, Teresa & Mom

“At some period in our mortal mission,
there appears the faltering step,
the wan smile, the pain of sickness—
even the fading of summer,
the approach of autumn, the chill of winter. …
“I extol those who,
with loving care and compassionate concern,
feed the hungry, clothe the naked,
and house the homeless.
He who notes the sparrow’s fall
will not be unmindful of such service.”
~President Thomas S. Monson


3 comments:

  1. What a blessing to have the entire together for a few days. The pictures are great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw the picture of the whole family on Martha's blog but I love seeing all of the others! My mom called your mom just a day or two before you got there and she said that she knew who she was and they had a nice conversation. I'm sorry I couldn't get up to see you when you were here. I am babysitting my grandson a couple of times a week now and I just wasn't able to get away. I am thankful for the example you are all setting for us. We will all have to face the care of our aging parents at some time or another. My mom is getting closer and closer to that day! Well I sure do love you Beth! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What nice pictures of everyone - I'm sure they will always hold a special place in your heart as a time of great trial but full of blessings.

    ReplyDelete