06 January 2009

FUN PRIMARY ACTIVITY

Valiant 9's - Andrew J., Cassidy G., Carson G.,
Rachel E., Madeline C., & Lauren H.

Saturday for our Primary Activity we had a "Meet Your New Teacher" activity. Everyone came in their pajamas and we ate waffles and sausage. We got to get to know our new class a little bit. I teach the Valiant 9 Class. This is my second year teaching 8 going on 9 year old children and I love it. One of my most memorable experiences in primary happened about twenty-four years ago when we lived in Las Vegas and I was teaching the nursery children about the birth of the Savior. . .the Spirit was so strong and I can still see those little toddler's shining eyes in my mind as I taught them this marvelous event of Jesus Christ's beginning. There truly is no greater calling than to be a teacher.

"Come little child and together we'll learn
of His commandments, that we may return,
Home to His presence to live in His sight,
Always, always, to walk in the light."
Clara W. McMaster

2 comments:

  1. I love your story about teaching the nursery children about the Savior! I haven't been in primary for so long and you are right there is nothing better than teaching....especially teaching children!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea for an activity. Those kids look so excited.

    ReplyDelete