04 March 2009

Family History Surprise

Samuel Randolph Williams,
born 3rd March, 1810, Ohio
died 25th June, 1885
Hart, Oceana, Michigan
(My great, great grandfather)
My dad has always had a passion for family history. His family is from Michigan. Being in the navy brought him to California when he was younger and he ended up settling there. We didn't have much contact with our Michigan relatives when we were young, but one day, sometime after my grandfather had died, some of his family had been going through his belongings and found some old photos. They knew of my dad's interest in genealogy and sent him lots of wonderful photography of family from the 1800's and 1900's. I don't know much about my dad's family except dates and places but I'm learning little tidbits here and there from family members and also by going on the Internet and studying the histories of others. I hope to learn more about them so that in the future, I can make a history about the families and not just dates and places.
Family faces are magic mirrors.
Looking at people who belong to us,
we see the past, present, and future.
~Gail Lumet Buckley

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog Beth! I love the great quotes you find! They are always inspiring and thought provoking! Thanks for doing such a good job and making your blog a daily great "read"

    ReplyDelete