26 February 2009

Carson Gets an Award

Carson earns his Arrow of Light
Last night we had our annual Blue and Gold Banquet for the cub scouts. Carson got his Arrow of Light award. A special friend in our ward, Gary R., made each boy a plaque with an arrow that has painted on it markings that represent each award received in cub scouts. It was a special night. Carson will be moving on to boy scouts in April. Its been fun to see him grow and learn in this great program.
"I, Carson, promise to do my best
to do my duty to God and my country,
to help other people,
and to obey the Law of the Pack."
Cub Scout Promise

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations Carson!!! That is an awesome achievement. I look forward to seeing a picture of you when you receive your eagle scout award! Keep up the great work!

    PS love the wood plaque.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always happy to find you in my Google Reader. What a great plaque to display all of Carson's awards! We've got our Blue and Gold tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great picture! What a neat way to display each acievement. Hope to see you at conference!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Carson from your Alabama fan club, bet you didn't know that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing plaque!! It looks like the scouting program is alive and well in Fayetteville...
    By the way, LOVE you header--the rain on the shamrocks reminds me that the fresh newness of spring is right around the corner!!

    ReplyDelete