12 February 2009

Cousins Serve In Same Mission

Jeanette and my husband Dave are cousins. Our husbands work together and her family lives just a few doors down from us. Her oldest son, Justin, got his mission call last night. Since Justin is at BYU, we all sat around the (photo: Justin and Jeanette) speaker phone as he announced his mission call. As I videotaped the call, Justin announced it was Buenos Aires Argentina, I could hardly contain myself because that is where my son Jake went on his mission but I was still not sure that it was the same mission as Jake's because there are at least four missions in the city of Buenos Aires so, I kept asking "which one, which one," and as you can see on the tape, I totally lost it when they said, "Buenos Aires North." Wow, I thought, what are the chances that cousins would serve in the exact same mission. We're so proud of Justin, he's such a good guy. He is so prepared to go on his mission and he's going to make a great missionary.

". . .Far and wide we tell the Father's story,
Far and wide His love proclaim. . ."
"Called to Serve"--Grace Gordon

Waiting to hear Justin's Mission Call
Lauren H., Jessica L., Erica H., Bob H.,
Kellee B., Jeanette H., Grandma Tamara L.,
Carson L., & Beth L.

4 comments:

  1. That is so cool What an exciting thing for them. I love that you got it on video tape!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so exciting!! I can't believe all these boys are old enough to serve missions. I can still remember when they were in primary!! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm excited! What a wonderful thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Mom?! 8o so embarassing

    ReplyDelete