03 February 2009

A CROWN WITHOUT CONFLICT

Steven David born 3rd February 1987,
died 25th February 1987
Steven was our third born infant child. He was 11 lbs. and 12 oz., my largest baby at birth and we thought he was our healthiest infant, born with no complications. I took him to his "well-baby check" at two weeks old and everything was thought to be good. We were living in Las Vegas at the time and so I went to go show him to my family in Lancaster, California where my parents and sister lived. After only a few days there, I took a rest on my sister's bed while Steven was sleeping and when I awoke and we checked on him, he had passed on. I had never experienced such grief in my life up to that point. Yet, when I reflect on it now, I thank the Lord for the spirit I felt comforting me the entire time during that period of my life. I'm so grateful to know that Heavenly Father has an eternal plan for all of us, including infants and children who die young. I also know that this life is but a small part of our entire life and that I can be with Steven again.
"We look at sorrows like death and we think
they are tragedies, but we are only looking
at things from the seamy side.
There is another side to the picture,
the designer's side--God's side.
And there are no blunders there.
Some day we will see it.
Some day we will be able to say,
The Lord liveth! The Lord giveth and
the Lord taketh away.
Blessed be the name of the Lord."
Elder Melvin J. Ballard

6 comments:

  1. I didn't realize Steven was only 3 weeks old when he died. What a precious little baby he was. So beautiful! Do you have the year right though?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My bad. . .Thanks for the editing job on the year Tammie. Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad to see that picture of him again. He was so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful quote Beth for such a difficult time. It think I will hold on to that one to help us get through challenges. We was a gorgeous little boy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like I commented earlier, Zac was born on the 18th and I was terrified the same thing would happen to him. I soon stopped worrying because I realized there is nothing that can be done if Heavenly Father calls his children back home. I remember the birth/death announcement you sent out and how sad we all were for you and Dave.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the post and sharing your sweet feelings. It lifted me up today. I really needed a different perspective on life.
    Love Always,
    deana

    ReplyDelete