12 July 2009

"California Here I Come"

I grew up the first twenty years of my life in Lancaster, California. My parents, sister and her family still live there. My mom went into the hospital about a month ago and she's been in and out of a nursing care facility and the hospital ever since. I've had an aching feeling to see my folks but didn't think we could wing it but I decided to do a road trip. A few years ago, my two youngest and I drove with my daughter Angie to get her car to Utah at college and it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be so the kids and I are going to try it again. I have a lot of childhood memories that I hope to blog while on my trip. I pray we have a safe trip. We'll be starting our adventure tomorrow. So,
"California here I come, right back where I started from."



5 comments:

  1. Have a great trip! I really want to see you while you are here! I get ahold of you when I get back from the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Safe Travels - are you coming through my town? Please? Let me know if you do! We'd love to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a safe trip! I hope it is also full of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see you! BE SAFE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. my heart goes out to you with your mom. hope you get there safely and enjoy these moments with her and your family. she is an awesome lady who gave the world some wonderful blessings!!

    ReplyDelete