04 July 2009

Happy 4th of July!


I'm so grateful for the freedoms we have in our country. I'm especially thankful that I can follow the "dictates of my own conscience" and practice a religion of my own choosing. I believe that things in the world aren't always going to be peaceful around us but its at that moment that I realize how important one's own inner peace is.

My latest favorite quote comes from the late prophet, President Gordon B. Hinckley:

"I doubt not that we shall have days of trial….But I am certain that if we will emphasize the greater good and turn our time and talents from vituperative criticism, from constantly looking for evil, and lift our sights to what may be done to build strength and goodness in our nation, America will continue to go forward with the blessing of the Almighty and stand as an ensign of strength and peace and generosity to all the world.”

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!





1 comment:

  1. That is such a great quote! Happy 4th to you too. So when will you be here in California?

    ReplyDelete