23 July 2009

My Pioneers

My pioneers came from Texas. I say they are my pioneers because they we're the first ones in my family to join the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. My Grandma Cassie was originally from East Texas where her family lived as migrant workers, mostly picking cotton.

Her family met the mormon missionaries when she was young and she and her family were baptised. My grandma was always an inspiration to me. Most of her immediate family fell away from the church but she remained faithful. Because of grandma's example, a lot of descendants have joined the church and many of her grandchildren and great-grandchildren have served missions.


Stapp Family - Mineola Texas
The days of the pioneers are not past.
There are modern pioneers who's achievements
are an inspiration to all of us.
Dallin H. Oaks

No comments:

Post a Comment