14 July 2009

Life is a Highway

Life has truly been a highway for me the last two days. On this trip, I decided to make things easy and travel Interstate 40 the whole way across the country. I can get on it about a half an hour from my house. Its not the way "Mapquest" told me to go but of course: My life is a highway and I want it my way at least for the next four days anyway. I've really always wanted to go through the mountains into Tennesee so, I did and loved it. Nothing too exciting. . . just a lot of driving, pondering and beautiful country. Kids are holding out well. Tennessee is something. I've never been in a state where literally most of the radio stations are either country western or evangelists. I had a tough time just finding a normal talk radio station. But the people seem really down to earth and friendly here just like North Carolina. Second day we made it through Arkansas and on to Oklahoma. Weather was pretty cool until we got to Oklahoma. I don't care what anyone says, dry heat or nothing when its 100 degrees its just plain hot! Oh well, we'll endure. Can't wait to see family in California.



2 comments:

  1. Glad to read your blogging updates along the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey lady - How exciting to travel with the kids. It is such a great way to create memories with them. Hey if you get a chance look at Susan's blog. She said you help her with it.She posted something this morning that was very touching. You know today is Carson's B-day. He would have been 71. She has a tribute of him that is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete