04 November 2008

DRUM UP THE VOTE!

We live in a great nation where everyone has the privilege to vote. I voted today down at our neighborhood fire station here in Gray's Creek, North Carolina. We live in a somewhat small and yet mostly "God-fearing" community. The lines were unexpectedly short. I felt great pride in the opportunity to vote and no matter if my candidates win or lose I take faith in what Elder Boyd K. Packer said in general conference:
"We live in those “perilous times”
which the Apostle Paul prophesied would come
in the last days.
If we are to be safe individually, as families,
and secure as a church,
it will be through obedience
to the laws and ordinances of the Gospel."
I also think what President Ezra Taft Benson once said is very significant:
"The world would take the people out of the slums.
Christ takes the slums out of people
and they take themselves out of the slums."

2 comments:

  1. Hey you! I didn't know you blogged too. And yours looks so much better than mine!!

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey woman! I checked out your blog. I like doing this better thean face book. It has more personality. We started on our house, FINALLY! Right now we are in the framing stage. I love your blog.I still cannot figure our how to do the cute backgrounds. I went to the site but can't figure it out.My blog is very plain. Hope you like it.

    ReplyDelete