23 November 2008

LIFT WHERE YOU STAND

Mark & Jolinda with their whole family at Thorley Mountain
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
I read Elder Uchdorf's talk this week, from the priesthood session of general conference. "Lift Where You Stand." It was so great! I feel that my brother has been a "lift" to me all through the years. When I was young he teased me so much I could hardly appreciate him, but as we both matured, he became a great example to me. I especially remember the time when I was desirous to go on a mission. I knew it was what I wanted to do but I needed a little encouragement. Mark was the one that helped me see that I could do it and what a great blessing my mission was for me. So, Mark, have a Happy 53rd Birthday.
". . .if we all stand close together
in the place the Lord has appointed
and lift where we stand,
nothing can keep this divine work
from moving upward and forward."
Elder Dieter Uchtdorf

4 comments:

  1. Very nice! And I'm all about the music. I think Mark is a good example and a lifter too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I concur! The best brother ever. What a great example he has been to all of us. Especially, during this Thanksgiving season. I’m so grateful for all my siblings. Thanks for being such shinning examples to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was one of my favorite talks I read. It is so true. He is such a wonderful speaker.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So I have been trying to pick out which kids are Marks. I am pretty sure I have 3 of them picked out. Help me with the rest! What a happy family!

    ReplyDelete