13 November 2008

WE'RE ALL TOGETHER AGAIN

Debbie R., Faith D., Beth & Wanda B.
Almost 20 years, back together again


Having lived in a military area for over twenty years, I've seen friends come and go and everytime one leaves its almost like a death. The seperation makes the relationship different. I've kept up with most of my friends through correspondence at Christmastime and on rare occasions I'll get to see them again which is always rewarding. This was the case on Wednesday.

My dear friend Wanda lived here in Fayetteville while her husband served at Ft. Bragg and now her son-in-law is going to Duke University and will be here for a few years with their daughter. My good friend Debbie and I got to drive up to Durham on Wednesday and reunite with her and see her daughter--Elisabeth, husband--Stu and son-in-law--Ben. We also meet up with another dear friend "Faith" who has moved to Benson, NC. It was great to see them and talk about old times again.


"Many people will walk in and out of your life,
but only true friends
will leave footprints in your heart."

Eleanor Roosevelt

Wanda & Elizabeth, Back in North Carolina

Wanda & Stu visiting from Sacramento, CA

"Make new friends,
but keep the old,
One is silver
and the other is gold."


FOREVER FRIENDS

3 comments:

  1. Hi Beth, I don’t know if you are in to the tag game, but I always like hearing about you so…if you want see the tagged instructions on my blog. Smiles Danette

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm all about the quotes Beth. How fun for you to get together with old friends. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was so good to go to church with you today. Come visit us soon. Love, Wanda and Stu!

    ReplyDelete