07 June 2009

Beauty & The Beast, Middle School Style

"Be Our Guest" Jessica & Jodi
Last night we went and saw Jessica's Middle School perform "Beauty and The Beast" Jessica got to be a narrator and villager in the play. She also got to be a spatula in the scene and song "Be Our Guest" which I personally thought was the best part of the play. Five youth from our church participated in the event which included our cousin Kyle B. He was great as "Lefou." Our friend Brigham played a lead role as "Gaston". All sang so well. We feel really impressed with our Middle School here to be able to do such a great job in performing arts. We're just a small, country school at the edge of the county. Last night the Assistant Principal said that our school is one of the best kept secrets in our county and I would totally agree. We feel really blessed to have such wonderful teachers at the middle school level who want to have great things for our kids.
Jodi, Brigham, Kyle, Jemma & Jessica
Our youth from the church
had a fun time performing
Cousin Kyle with his sister Kellee
I think he has acting in his future

Music is the soul of the world
embedded in sound
~Unknown

5 comments:

  1. How very fun! Sarah played Mrs. Potts in our High School Beauty and the Beast production in May. I love Jessica's outfit! I wish I could have seen her preform. I so love musicals!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love school productions and it sounds like you DO have a great middle school! My oldest Travis was in plays and none of the rest of my kids were! I loved seeing him perform! Jessica looks so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. theatre is great! glad you're kids are having such a great time!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll be sad to leave that whisk :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I meant spatula! whoops! :/

    ReplyDelete