04 June 2009

Put Another Candle on My Birthday Cake

We celebrated my 52nd birthday on June 2nd. Maybe you better not "put another candle on my birthday cake," you might not be able to see the cake. In the "old days" I would come home from school as a child to hear Sheriff John sing "The Birthday Cake Song" on his TV show. So for most of my kid's birthdays, they've had to endure hearing me sing that song to them. Oh well, my own goofy tradition, I guess. But really, the older I get the more I realize how fast time truly goes by and how many more things I still want to do. I love this quote:
"Watches are so named as a reminder -
if you don't watch carefully
what you do with your time,
it will slip away from you. "
~Drew Sirtors
I also love this quote:
We should work hard and use our time wisely
to serve our families and build up the kingdom of God.
Time and the ability to labor
are the capital stock of the whole world of mankind,
and we are all indebted to God
for the ability to use time to [our] advantage. . ."
~Brigham Young
Well, birthday celebration is over. I guess I better get moving.

6 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Beth....I actually kept meaning to call Kelly to ask her if your birthday was on the 2nd so i could send you email birthday card....sorry I blew it! Hope you had a great day! I love the quotes you put on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! Here is another saying you might like;
    "How we spend our days is how we spend our lives."

    smiles Danette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday, Sister Lockhart. I'm glad you mentioned on your blog, after all you mention all your relatives'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy B-day Beth! Glad to honor you when you've been honoring everyone else on their special day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Beth!! Cute Birthday Song!

    ReplyDelete