21 June 2009

Just Me & My Dad

My Baptism Day
June 1965
Some Favorite Quotes about Fathers
"Any man can be a father.
It takes someone special to be a dad."
~Anonymous
"Fatherhood is pretending the present
you love most is soap on a rope."
~Bill Cosby
"It is much easier to become a father
than to be one"
~Kent Nerburn
"When I was a boy of 14, my father was so ignorant,
I could hardly stand to have the old man around,
but when I got to be 21, I was astonished at how much
the old man learned in seven years."
~Mark Twain
“By profession, I am a soldier and take pride in that fact,
but I am prouder--infanitely prouder--to be a father. . .
it is my hope that my son, when I am gone,
will remember me not from the battle but
in the home repeating with him our simple daily prayer. . ."
~Douglas McArthur
"It should have great meaning that of all the titles
of respect and honor and admiration that
could be given him, God himself, he who is the
highest of all, chose to be addressed simply as Father."
~Boyd K. Packer
Finally, I love this quote by D. Todd Christofferson that was in the mormon message video, "Let Us Be Men"
"Though he will make some sacrifices and deny himself
some pleasures in the course of honoring his commitments,
a true man leads a rewarding life. He gives much
but receives more and lives content in the approval of his
Heavenly Father. The life of true manhood is the good life."
HAPPY FATHER'S DAY


2 comments:

  1. Those are the best quotes, and I love the pictures of you and the Coach!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great picture! I don't remember seeing that one.

    ReplyDelete